The Cricket World is now ready to experience another format of cricket, the 3TC Cricket (three-team cricket), where the 3 teams having 8 players in each will be playing in a single cricket match.
The new limited over format tournament is titled Solidarity Cup & was scheduled to start from June 27.
According to the scheduled schedule, this match was to be played on Saturday 27th June at Supersports Park in Centurion.
But the organizers did not get the necessary permission from the government in view of the protection from the Covid-19 epidemic.
The board gave information on its Twitter handle, ‘After the meeting, it is clear that more work will have to be done for this match, including the approval from the government. Will announce a new date for this match soon.
Three teams will be competing in the tournament, Team Eagles captained by AB de Villiers , Team Kingfishers captained by Kagiso Rabada & Team Kites captained by Quinton de Kock.
3TC Cricket South Africa Schedule :
Only 1 match is scheduled to be Played in the new format of the Game. Earlier 27 July was the scheduled date but due to issues now the match has been postponed till further notice by CSA as they couldn’t get clearance from government.
3TC Cricket Broadcasting / Live Streaming Details :
The match of the 3TC Solidarity Cup will be streamed live on SuperSport 2.
In India also it will be Broadcast on Supersport2 as of now.
Match Date : Postponed till further notice.
Teams,Squads of 3TC Solidarity Cup :
KG’s Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (c), Faf du Plessis, Chris Morris, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Heinrich Klaasen, Glenton Stuurman
AB’s Eagles: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Lungi Ngidi, Andile, Phehlukwayo, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala
Quinny’s Kites: Quinton de Kock (c), David Miller, Temba Bavuma, Anrich Nortje, Dwayne Pretorius, Beuran Hendricks, JJ Smuts, Lutho Sipamla
Rules of 3TC (3 Team Cricket) :
- A match of 3T Cricket consists of a total of 36 overs which will be divided into two halves of 18-18 overs.
- In the first half, a team will play for 6 overs against one opposition team. While the remaining 6 overs will be played against the other opposition team in the second half.
- After the fall of the 7th wicket, the player will be allowed to bat alone but he can run for 2 or hit a boundary.
- Each bowling team has to use the same ball for both the opposition for 12 overs.
- A bowler can bowl a maximum of 3 overs.
- Most runs win the Gold, second-team Silver and third team to get bronze. If all the three-teams tie, all team gets gold. If two team tie for most runs then Super over will decide Gold.
The 3TC (3-Team Cricket) format will move forward without an audience. This is per government protocols.
For more on 3TCricket: www.3team.cricket