MBBS in Germany
MBBS has become one of the most popular fields of study among students. And the primary reason for this is the lower cost of education.
Germany offers various medical courses for native as well as international students. German universities also offer scholarships to international students who cannot afford the MBBS course fee.
It is known by everybody that students having higher education from top foreign universities get more career opportunities.
Therefore several aspirants wish to pursue MBBS from the leading German Universities, considering the high value of the degree from the German medical universities.
Universities of Germany are approved by the World Health Organization and the national medical commission.
Why Choose Germany for your MBBS?
- Students get to study in NMC approved medical universities.
- The medical education of Germany is one of the best.
- Students do not have to submit any donations or additional fees during admission.
- The MBBS course offered by German universities is easily affordable for the students because of the minimal tuition fee.
- Aspirants do not necessarily have to learn German because the teaching mode is both English and German.
- German universities also provide accommodation facilities to the students.
- German MBBS degree is renowned and valid worldwide.
- After completing your MBBS, you can also work in Germany.
- German universities are famous for providing internship opportunities and training in government and private hospitals with experts.
Top German MBBS Universities
The best thing about top MBBS Universities of Germany is that they are NMC and WHO approved. Some of the leading German colleges for MBBS are:
- Humboldt University
- Philipps University
- Heidelberg University
- LMU Munich
- University of Freiburg
- TU Dresden
Students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria to be able to study MBBS in Germany. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant should not be above the age of 25.
- You must have a minimum of 50% in your High school and the subjects physics, chemistry, and biology.
- English proficiency test is mandatory. Candidates can take the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Candidate must have the certificate of DSH examination. DSH stands for Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang.
Note: Students must know that there are only a few medical Universities that have teaching in English mode.
If you want to apply to a University that only teaches in German, you must have German language proficiency.
The level of proficiency might differ from one university to another. The general level of German proficiency is C1.
Documents Requirement for MBBS
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- First-year mark sheet if you were in a medical college before.
- Recommendation letter
- Migration certificate
- Statement of purpose
The recommendation letter and the statement of purpose are the two most important documents that have to be well written with the help of the recommendation letter by your previous professor.
The statement of a letter by you states a lot to the university. To get admission to a good college, students have to make sure that they have perfect knowledge about the country and have a clear vision of their future.
Below we have mentioned the application process for the students who aspire to study MBBS in Germany.
- First, the applicant has to submit the application form of the particular university to which he or she wants to take admission.
- Submit the documents required after scanning them.
- Once you have submitted your application will get an admission letter from the university if you get selected.
- After admission, the student will have to start with the immigration process.
- In the immigration process, you will have to visit the German embassy with the invitation letter given to you by the medical university itself.
- Apply for the visa, and after that, you will be all ready to fly.
Cost of the MBBS Course
Compared to the other countries, the MBBS course provided by Germany is quite affordable for both native and international students.
The average cost of MBBS in Germany is around 1,23,000 to 2,80,000 for an academic year.
The tuition fee can vary in between this depending on the private or public University. Even after the lower cost of MBBS, few students are not able to afford the course.
Various universities also provide free-of-cost education with the help of scholarships.
For the students to be eligible for the scholarship, they must have an academic background, and few universities also take scholarship tests to make it fair for every student.
The students can also mention the need for financial assistance in the statement of purpose, which plays a massive role in the admission process.
After analyzing all the factors, universities provide scholarships to the students. The best thing about the medical colleges in Germany is that they also allow students to work as interns with the experts.
Often in the internship, students also get stipends based on their performance.
Other Information Related to MBBS in Germany
The German universities release the application form at different times; however, most German universities close the application time by the mid of July or the beginning of August.
Thirty-six medical colleges in Germany offer MBBS courses for native and international students.
The maximum intake of these universities is 85000 students in total for all the years. In German universities, 6% of the seats are reserved for international students who wish to take admission in the MBBS course.
The course duration of MBBS at German University is 7.5 years that also includes the training time. In this year, students get theoretical as well as practical knowledge by assisting medical experts as interns. After the completion of their studies, students can start their practice as doctors.
MBBS is one of the most reputed degrees worldwide, and when students get their MBBS degree from prestigious colleges, they get higher chances of getting outstanding career opportunities. Germany has excellent medical education, and the MBBS degree from German universities is valid worldwide. Studying at the German universities can be a
fantastic learning experience for the students where they get theoretical education and get a chance to work closely with the top medical experts of Germany.